Monday 17 January 2011

A wonderful sunrise with a partial eclipse

A partial eclipse, a rare and quite exciting event,
took place some days ago in Vienna,
on 4 January 2011.
I know, I'm very late posting my pictures,
but I'm a very lazy blogger lately...


When I left my apartment in the morning, the sun rose,
painting the clouds orange in a most spectacular way,


reflecting and thus multiplying the golden glow
as if anticipating that soon the sun would be partially hidden by the shadow of the moon.


I found a place to see the partial eclipse
between the high-rise buildings of the city.


ARed Cross alu blanket (black picture) and some coloured transparent plastic folders (red picture) had to suffice to filter the gleaming sunlight.

4 comments:

Maria said...

Hi Maria!
Egypt, snowy Vienna, New Years, partial eclipse... You've been busy and life's been exciting for you!

I enjoyed your recent photos very much!
Blessings for 2011 and always~
~Maria

Arija said...

Spectacular in all respects Maria ! ! !
Both the spectacle of the vanishing sun and the wonderfully romantic ballet from the New Year's concert. I missed the concert so it was doubly nice to see a bit of it here. Thank you.

Have a wonderful New Year in your beautiful city

Hugs and Blessings . . . Arija

Marina said...

Thank God eclipse brought you out in the blog world!!! Where are you??? Your posts are really rare lately...I thought that you weren't ok or you had to work overtime or you got bored of blogging...

L. Neusiedler said...

it was a spectacular event!