Monday 27 April 2009

My World Tuesday - Too many adventures

Which story should I tell? So hard to decide!
Would you like to walk with me through town,
revisiting Karlskirche,

this time without snow (remember?),
but children playing in the playgrounds,

and walk over to Schwarzenbergplatz
with the giant monument reminding of 17.000 soldiers of the Red Army who lost their lives in the battle for Vienna in 1945.

The giant fountains is
being renovated now,

and some tulips in front to please the eye.

Or would you like to join me on my Sunday walk

through Vienna's Prater,
under thousands of blooming horse chestnut trees
lining the main allee, along Prater Hauptallee.

Let's take a rest in Gasthaus "Bierinsel"!

There is a lovely Gastgarten with shady chestnut trees
and Fiaker coaches waiting to take you back to town.

No, let's enjoy the sunny Sunday afternoon
and follow an old arm of the Danube, the Heustadelwasser

and enjoy the Praterauen!




The doggy is happy too :)

The seeds of the cottonwood trees cover the ground like snow.

Or would you like to hike with us in the Pre-Alps
at an altitude of about 1.100 m,
with a great view of the Rax mountain in the distance?

After recreation,
let's walk down to the lovely mountain pastures and flowering apple trees again.

No! I see you'd rather want to see the adventures my husband and the young "Wanderknochen" had when hiking in the flooded woodlands along the river March two weeks ago? Well, then klick at the picture below :))

So you are not tired yet?

Then visit MY WORLD TUESDAY :)
for more adventures!

28 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

These are lovely, lovely views. Vienna is beautiful.

Sylvia K said...

I always love the tours you take us on each week, Maria! Gorgeous photos of your gorgeous world! Just delightful! Have a great week!

DeniseinVA said...

Wow, what a great tour Maria. So many wonderful photos and all of them very interesting. Thank you for taking us along with you.

Linda said...

A happy dog indeed, puddling around in a stream. What great walking possibilities you have chez vous.

Barb said...

Oh - I loved going EVERYWHERE with you Maria! Such a beautiful landscape. Looks like the pup was having fun, too. Enjoy your spring.

kayleen said...

Truly a lovely series of photos. Thanks for the tours of so many beautiful places.

Nebraska Birding

Anonymous said...

Wonderful aAdventures!
Lovely photos.
Mary Elizabeth @ Now and Then

Catherine said...

Bonsoir Maria,
I choose to follow you on the historic promenade as well as following the Danube.
I would solw down you hiking in the pre-alp. I'm not enough trained. But it's wonderful too !

Deb said...

looks like everyone including the dogs had a good time

VALKYRIEN said...

That is quite a tour you made! Vienna looks like a place I would love to visit! Great architecture - and wonderful nature!

And a happy dog! :)

Guy D said...

Wow what a fantastic collection of photos, I love them all.

Have a great week.
Guy
Regina In Pictures

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Maria: What a wonderful trip through your wonderful walk.

My son every other year goes to a country with his band and he told me next year they are going to Austria.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful world Maria. We have another version of your coaches too and they are so interesting to ride.

Jeannette StG said...

The battle for Vienna, what was that about? (I am just as curious as you are :) )
Like the pic with the row boats - do you have a pic of the Danube somewhere on your blog? I have forgotten what it looks like...

BLS said...

Thanks for a great quick tour. It looks like a beautiful city and the mountains always look great.

Inday said...

Beautiful, beautiful Ave Maria. I would love to do everything to be able to walk on places like yours! Very gorgeous place indeed! Thank you!

Wolynski said...

I'm quite exhausted just looking. Vienna and its surroundings is incredibly gorgeous.

Latane Barton said...

What a wonderful view of your part of Austria, a country I have often longed to visit.

Erin said...

i so loved your series of photos and tours of the many areas...so much to see and do there. i have yet to visit your part of the world and would love to one of these days.
have a lovely evening.

your doggie is very cute ^..^

Unknown said...

Wonderful photo tour! It's hard to choose which activity I'd like best. In any event, NO snow is essential to my enjoyment.

Lovely city. I hope to visit one day.

How much does one have to pay to get a piggyback ride through the flooded trails? ;-)

soulbrush said...

what absolutely wonderful photos maria, spring is everywhere.

Regina said...

Wow looks like a great adventure. I like your world.

Janie said...

You've been very busy with your adventures. The city shots with all the flowers are lovely, but I love the mountain hike photos, too.
Maybe I'll skip the walk through the water. I've misplaced my hip waders! ;)

Unknown said...

Nice..thanks for the tour:P

Wienermädel + Co said...

Ich bedanke mich herzlich für die schönen Frühlingsbilder aus Wien inkl. Heustadelwasser!

Small City Scenes said...

Not tired yet? But it is a good tired. the views were wonderful and the tour guide excellent. MB

Brenda said...

Your world is just full of amazing adventures!

Kessi said...

....d'Ora :-)) !!!