Sunday 28 December 2008

Frosty blossoms!

Finally, Vienna's got it's first wintry temperatures:
-1°C!


I just returnd home from a morning stroll with my doggy through Stadtpark where I found all kinds of frosted leaves


spread on a daisied meadow.


Some bushes show their barren leaves and forgotten blossoms
in wonderful brown hues.



Fascinating daisy!
I think it won't stop blooming even when covered with snow:)


Between the houses on a sunny spot,
some yellow blossoms won't wait for spring!


In the park, the ponds are beginning to freeze up!

After two hours in the sun we walk home where my new book patiently waits for me,
MIDDLESEX, by Jeffrey Eugenides,
too absorbing to let me pay visits to you and thank you for all your good wishes :(
Please forgive me !

10 comments:

Anil P said...

The leaves, flowers, returning to whence they sprang from.

Is sub-zero temperatures the beginning of the cold spell, with temperatures dropping even further?

Jeanne said...

Beautiful images as always Maria. Funny that you have your first winter temps and we've been having colder but this morning it's 9deg. Cel.

Arija said...

Isn't frost beautiful, and the daisies so very hardy. Your winter has hardly begun and the Forsythia is already showering you with it's golden sunshine!
Enjoy your book!

Torsdag 1952 said...

Hallo Maria,
danke für die frostigen Bilder aus Wien.
Ich geniesse das Winterwetter ebenfalls, das Kaminfeuer gibt eine schöne Wärme.
Liebe Grüsse
Hartmut

Jan said...

Thanks for the frosty stroll. Enjoy your book, I haven't read it, yet. Right now I'm reading Crow Road, and enjoying it immensely.

Wienermädel + Co said...

Das arme Gänseblümchen!

Bei der Kälte ist gemütliches Lesen das Schönste! Wir tun das auch!

laughingwolf said...

very nice, maria... thank you :D

Brenda said...

I love going on walks with you, such lovely views!

Enjoy your book!

Elizabeth said...

So charming!
We really liked your "Crappy photos"
What happened to them?
Sometimes photo accidents mae interesting vewing.
Happy New Year.

2sweetnsaxy said...

Nice shots! I really like the captures of the frost.
:-)